AI Changes Everything: The Dark Side of AI
S5:E1 Featuring Shah Gilani and Addison Wiggin
”If AI algorithms aren’t built to learn from the changes, if they’re built as most models have been, they’re built on static data and they don’t change the data they don’t learn from the new data then they’re going to work for a while and then fail.Shah Gilani
It’s a new season on The Wiggin Sessions, and today, we have an extraordinary guest, Shah Gilani. Shah boasts a financial pedigree unlike any other. He ran his first hedge fund in 1982 from his seat on the Chicago Board of Options Exchange floor. When options on the Standard & Poor’s 100 began trading on March 11, 1983, Shah worked in “the pit” as a market maker.
His work laid the foundation for what would later become the VIX – to this day, one of the most widely used indicators worldwide.
Are you curious about the lessons history can teach us? This episode is a history lesson and a beacon of hope during the current financial turmoil.
- The aftermath of prolonged artificial interest rates and pandemic impacts.
- The hidden truths behind banking crises, the FDIC’s role, and the delicate balance between higher interest rates and company performance.
- The striking similarities between the current economic landscape and historical events like the Global Financial Crisis.
- How AI changes everything, including investing
- The financial strategies and hedges you can implement to strive during financial crises.
- Read transcript »